How to Apply for Undergraduate Students
Entering freshmen and students transferring from other higher education institutions must apply to UNM through Admissions.
Students transferring from University College into the College of Arts & Sciences (A&S) and declaring Sociology or Criminology as a major must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 26 credit hours; 23 credit hours must be in courses acceptable toward graduation.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 on all work.
- Transfer students must have a 2.00 to transfer.
- Continuting UNM students must have a 2.0 to transfer.
- Demonstrated academic achievement by satisfying the following:
- Completion of General Education Curriculum: Communication.
- Completion of General Education Curriculum: Mathematics and Statistics.
- Completion of General Education Curriculum: Second Language.
- Completion of Department of Sociology major admission coursework with grades of "C" or better:
- Criminology: SOCI 1110 (Introduction to Sociology) and 2120 (Introduction to Criminal Justice Systems) or 2210 (Sociology of Deviance).
- Sociology: SOCI 1110 (Introduction to Sociology) and one SOCI course at any level.