About New Mexico
Prospective students interested in visiting the department should contact the faculty graduate director, Dr. Lisa Broidy (broidy.unm.edu). For more information on a campus tour, please visit the UNM Department of Admissions.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive of all the sites for New Mexico physical or cultural attractions.
- http://www.abqcvb.org - Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau. A great site for information on annual events held in Albuquerque, arts & crafts fairs, cultural events & attractions.
- http://www.indianpueblo.org - Information on the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center; includes links to websites of various pueblos and Native American events, celebrations, and feast days.
- http://www.newmexico.org - New Mexico Department of Tourism. Information on state parks, regional attractions and links to the visitor bureaus of nearly every town in New Mexico.
- http://www.santafe.org - Santa Fe Convention and Visitors Bureau. Provides information on events held in Santa Fe, cultural & other area attractions.
- http://www.nhccnm.org - Information on the National Hispanic Cultural Center of New Mexico.
- http://www.popejoyhall.com - Information on concerts, Broadway performances, and other attractions at UNM’s Popejoy Hall.
- http://www.nmso.org - Information the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra.
- http://www.santafeopera.org - Information on the Santa Fe Opera..
- http://www.nmballet.org - Information on the New Mexico Ballet Company.
- http://126.96.36.199/nmmnh/index.html - Information on the New Mexico Museum of Natural History (located in Old Town), including the Dynamax Theatre and LodeStar.
- http://www.atomicmuseum.com - Information on the National Atomic Museum
- http://www.cabq.gov/museum - Information on the Albuquerque Museum of Art & History
- http://www.unm.edu/welcome/museums.html - Information on the museums and galleries located at UNM.
- http://www.museumofnewmexico.org - Museums in Santa Fe, including the Museum of New Mexico, Palace of the Governors, Museum of International Folk Art, the Georgia O’Keefe Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture.
- http://www.santafechildrensmuseum.org - Information on the Santa Fe Children’s Museum.
- http://www.explora.mus.nm.us - Information on the Explora Science Center and Children's Museum of Albuquerque.
- http://www.cabq.gov/biopark - Information on the Rio Grande Zoo, Albuquerque Aquarium, and the Rio Grande Botanic Garden.
- http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/prd/ParkTours.htm - Information on New Mexico State Parks.
- http://www.rgnc.org - Information on the Rio Grande Nature Center.
- http://www.skinewmexico.com - Snow conditions for New Mexico ski areas. Entertainment
- http://www.centurytheatres.com - Century Rio Theatres site for finding movie times.
- http://www.unm.edu/ - Information on UNM's Southwest Film Center, showing small independent films
- http://www.nmrestaurants.com - Information on area restaurants.
- http://www.musicaltheatresw.com - Information on Musical Theatre Southwest, community based producers of local musicals
- http://www.swcp.com/ - Information on the Albuquerque Little Theatre.
- http://www.legis.state.nm.us - Information on the New Mexico State Legislature, pending bills, list of district representatives
- http://www.vote-smart.org - Project Vote Smart, providing information such as legislative voting records for congress members and state legislators
- http://www.bernco.gov/live/ - Bernalillo County Clerk, providing information on voter registration and local elections
- http://www.cabq.gov/council/ - Albuquerque City Council, providing information on council members and meeting agendas
- http://www.travelocity.com - Good source for finding rates on airlines, rental cars, and hotels.
- http://www.expedia.com - Good source for finding rates on airlines, rental cars, and hotels.
- http://www.mapquest.com - Great source for finding driving directions including mileage and estimated driving time.